Crop Production Technology course is an important component in the B. Sc. Agriculture degree programme.This course encourages the students to apply theoretical principles into practices. It is a fully practical oriented coursewhich is based on field activities. This course is based on Student Centered Learning approach. In a nutshell, at the end of this course, students should familiarize with all the practical aspects of the crop production.
Objective : To provide the skills and knowledge related to the vegetable, field or fruit crop production.
Intended learning outcomes of the course
At the end of the course, students would be able to,
- Explain about the present status of crop production in Sri Lanka.
- Demonstrate the crop cultivation practices.
- Explain themarket situation of agricultural products.
- Identify theresearch gap in crop production.
- Understand the crop production practices adopted by farmers.
Duration of the course: 15 weeks